- “The most effective way to change your habits is to
Focus not on what you want to achieve, but on who you wish to become.”
- “You get what you repeat.
Your outcomes are a lagging measure of your habits.
Your weight is a lagging measure of your eating habits.
Your net worth is a lagging measure of your financial habits.”
- “Changing our habits is challenging for two reasons:
(1) We try to change the wrong thing and
(2) We try to change our habits in the wrong way.”
- “The culture we live in determines which behaviors are attractive to us.
We tend to adopt habits that are praised and approved of by our culture
This is mainly because we have a strong desire to fit in and belong to the tribe.”
- “One of the most effective things you can do to build better habits is to join a culture where:
(1) Your desired behavior is the normal behavior and
(2) You already have something in common with the group.”
- “Habits are attractive when we associate them with positive feelings and unattractive when we associate them with negative feelings.
Create a motivation ritual by doing something you enjoy immediately before a difficult habit.”
- “Pick the right habit and progress is easy.
Pick the wrong habit and life is a struggle.”
Habits are easier when they align with your natural abilities.
Choose the habits that best suit you.
And play a game that favors your strengths.
You live your life on auto pilot because you don’t know what to do with your life.
Read the book “Live Intentionally” to change your
- daily routine,
- become strong and